Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"Hands Free" Time

This is what I call the time between Toodle going to bed and me going to bed.  I try to spend the last few minutes- 20 or 30 maybe- just chilling out and not having to worry about anyone or anything else.  Toodle goes through phases of when he decides to go to bed.  It all depends on the activities of the day, I think.  Some days he's ready by 8pm and will let me know he's done for the day.  Other days I decide by 9 or 9:30 that it's bedtime and it can be a struggle.    Either way, we have mommy & baby snuggle time and he falls asleep on my lap... eventually. 

The days it's a struggle, though, it can be 10 or later before he falls asleep.  On those days, I have to decide if it's worth it to take a little time for myself.  Most often, I decide it is.  But I know that I'm also cheating myself out of that extra sleep.  Let's face it, an extra 15-30 minutes of sleep is gold! 

I used to use naptime to... well, nap.  However, I have decided that I really need to use that time at this point to get my house in order.  There are certain things you just cannot do with a curious toddler around.  Even folding laundry can be a circus.  Once I can get everything back in order and get myself a cleaning schedule set up, I may incorporate a nap into my day a few times a week.  We may all be a little happier then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment