Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter Weekend

So, I'm a week behind.  Toodle has been a handful this past week.  Between that and the five interviews I've been on recently, my sanity may be only hanging by a string.  Well... not that it's normally much more secure than that anyway...

Last weekend was Easter.  Husband works for a company that gives them not only Good Friday off, but also what the employees lovingly refer to as "Better Monday".  We made plans to take a weekend trip, but as plans do, it didn't exactly work out as intended.  We were planning to be gone Friday through Sunday, but Husband ended up having to go into work.  That's just one "perk" of his newly-aquired management position.  So, we got started early Saturday morning instead.  As it turns out, it ended up being a day trip.  We started out at a place called Newport on the Levee.  It was a nice little walk with different sites and shops.  It was a pretty nice day too- a much anticipated change in the weather!   After walking around a bit, we went to the Hofbrahaus.  Husband had been talking about going there for a long time, so he was quite happy to finally get to go.  I was excited because they obviously had my newly found favorite food EVER- soft pretzels with beer cheese.  We ended our walk with a trip through the aquarium.  Toodle loves to watch the fish!  We had planned to go on a dinner cruise afterwards, but the timing was off for Toodle.  It wasn't set to leave until 7pm and it was a 2 1/2 hour cruise.  The last thing we wanted was to be "those parents" with the screaming child.  We could tell we had already worn him out and didn't want to press our luck... or, at least mommy didn't.  Before we headed home, we went to Jungle Jim's.  Husband had never been there, and I hadn't been there since the weekend my friend told me I was pregnant and then she and the other friend we were traveling with were trying to get me to take a pregnancy test at JJ's.  No... thank you though!  :)

Sunday was church service and then Easter lunch at Cracker Barrel.  Yeah, that's just how we roll around here sometimes.  Sunday and Monday were pretty quiet days and all three of us seemed to be just fine with that.

So, there is Easter weekend wrap-up... a small getaway, and an otherwise calm few days.  That's ok by me!  

Now... I'm off to find a recipe so I can make my own beer cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment