Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Where does the day go?

I always have grand plans for the day... and specifically naptime.  While Toodle is sleeping, I plan on doing the dishes and cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, blogging, job searching, cleaning the living room... And what happens?  Usually none of the above.  At the end of the day, when hubby walks in, I feel like he probably looks at the house and thinks I've been lazy all day.  Yeah, sometimes I just am.  But I can't be that way every day.  Some days I feel like I've been busy all day, but there's just no evidence.  I end up feeling like a bad wife and not even that good of a mommy.  Thing is, I know I'm not alone.  People warned me that it was a full-time job.  Boy, were they right.  Today, I've at least got laundry going.  I don't know how people get things done while their babies are awake.  Toodle just seems to be in a super-clingy stage right now, and if I try to set him down in a walker or jumper, he gets mad.  I'm not one to carry him around 24/7, but he gets so upset sometimes.  The things that used to work just don't anymore.  I guess I need to find new things or this house will go somewhere in a handbasket.

One of my goals is to be more organized.  I've seen cleaning schedules on Pinterest, and I really need to invest time into looking into those and setting up my own.  I also want to start setting weekly meal plans for Toodle, at the very least.  I spend too much time deciding what he's going to have for his meals and snacks, and sometimes I think this leads to not-the-healthiest choices.  I really want to make sure he develops healthy habits.  It's hard to break those- I'm working on that myself.  It's easier to just not create them.  Honestly, it'll helping me to eat a little healthier too, just an added bonus!

So, here's to finding my "organizational niche"!  

No comments:

Post a Comment