Saturday, March 9, 2013

What a Week

You know they say take one day at a time... I got attacked by all seven of the days in this week all at once.  It was a long, rough one for the whole family, including the dogs.  I really started feeling not exactly 100% last Sunday.  It was one of those lingering, lurking in the background feelings that I was hoping would just go away without blossoming.  NOPE!  Tuesday evening I realized quite abruptly that I had... the stomach flu.  I will spare the details, but I'll just say I hadn't been that sick in a very long time.  Tuesday nights are hubby's "guy nights", so he wasn't home when it all went down.  I was home with Toodle.  Luckily it was close enough to bedtime for him that I survived it until then.  I did text hubby and ask him to take the next day off to watch Toodle because I didn't know how likely it was that I'd be able to get out of bed.  Well, come to find out, that was a good request on my part for both hubby and myself.  He texted his boss, and I was at least happy that I'd have repreive the next day.

At about 6:15am the following morning, I heard my husband going through the same issues I'd been through all night.  So he was down and out now too.  Luckily, I called my mom (AKA "Nana") and she was able to take Toodle that day.  She drove down to get him and took him back to her house.  I had intended on him coming back to me that evening, but things just were not working out that way.  He ended up staying the night and most of the following day while mommy and daddy attempted to rest and get over this unforgiving bug.  We are still attempting to fully recover, but we are at least functional at this point.  Now I am just praying that Toodle does not get what we got.  I don't think I could deal with that.

Thus is the story of the first night Toodle stayed anywhere but with mommy.  We are both still trying to recover from the trauma.  On the other hand, he did have fun with Nana, and she is so excited that she finally got to keep him over night.  I guess when you are too sick to move, it takes some of the pain out of being away from your child for that extra extended amount of time.  That's right, I have not yet made it to the point where I'm willing to let him go for more than a few hours at a time.  Maybe with the next one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment