Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pinterest- Nice Try.

I'm a Pinterest girl.  I love pinning.  My favorite categories are craftiness, health & beauty (because I swear one day really soon, I'm cutting my hair!), food, and looking for ideas for building my thirty-one business.  Occasionally, I try things out.  I thought I'd offer some feedback.

Obviously a health and beauty find... I found one that says to use baby oil gel to shave your legs.  I found there were some good and some very bad sides to this one.  Maybe it was just me not thinking (obviously), but I thought I'd offer a few words of advice.  It definitely made my legs smooth and I didn't have any razor burn (which is usually an issue for me, and never fun).  It also seemed to last longer than normal before it was time to do it again.  But maybe that's just me too. 

So what's wrong?  I got a call from my husband after he left for work to warn me to be careful in the shower because it was "slick as snot", and added he assumed it was due to the new addition to the shower- referring to the bottle of baby oil gel.  So, if you have a stand-up shower, you might want to think about maybe attempting this at the sink instead.  It would probably have a similar effect in the bathtub too. 

I do plan on using this method again, with a few changes.  I will probably sit on the side of our garden tub and use a small white foot tub (is that what it's called?!) to clean out my razor.  I'm just not talented at shaving at the sink... attempting to balance with one leg up that high.  Let alone the idea of a sharp object in my hand at the same time!  I can do it in the shower because we have a small foot rest that allows for a much easier time.

Anyway, perhaps give it a try.  I was satisfied with the effects on my legs, just not on my shower.  Just be careful and remember that baby oil is not necessarily what you want to have at the bottom of your stand-up shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment